Vincent van Gogh once very wisely said: "There is no blue without yellow and without orange." Although some might disagree (and they are more than free to), I think there is a profound truth hidden in those words. Yes, he cut off his ear, yes, he was crazy but there is a genius in every madman, right? I could go into the depths of his color(ful) analogy but quite frankly... I don't feel like it. I just really like the color blue and this is the whole reason for this post, plain and simple.
I pride myself on not trotting down paths down which seemingly everyone has gone before. If you want to hurt my feelings, don't call me a bitch or a moron or an ugly cow, just call me average. That doesn't mean that I'm always desperately seeking ways for me not to be a part of a larger statistic but it does mean that I'm very happy when it spontaneously turns out that I am in fact not. So imagine my disappointment when I found out that blue is the favorite color of the majority of people. Well, F U, Majority. But I get it, blue is a cool color.
- Although you might associate blue with royalty (royal blue), public servants in ancient Rome wore blue and those clothes were the predecessors of today's police officers' blue uniforms.
- According to some studies, weight-lifters are able to lift heavier weights in blue gyms.
- In connection to the previous point, people are more productive in blue rooms.
- Blue has a Biblical reference and signifies heavenly grace, that's why the Virgin Mary always has a blue ... Toga? Cape? Oversized hoodie? Cloak? Wrap dress? What do you call that thing? Lady Gaga wore something similar once, but it was red and it's no mystery what that color signifies.
- Owls are the only birds that can see blue shades. Not even blue birds like bluebirds see the color of blue.
- Mosquitoes are attracted to blue twice as much as to any other color. (I have a blue sleeping bag AND a blue tent because blue is my favorite color, dooh, just for the intermezzo.)
Don't forget to like, share and/or follow if you like blue (you're so predictable) or if you think this song is the greatest song ever produced. There are new posts coming up every Monday, Wednesday and Friday so see you again this Friday when it's time for another taglicious post courtesy of Carina.