I have already acknowledged my obsession with Jim Morrison so this post really is to no surprise. I adore his music, poetry, voice and mindset as well as the fact that he died on the same date as I was born on, which made me think I was his reincarnated soul, what else. (Some of) you might find (some of) his quotes below (a bit) morbid, but you have to look at them through a (thick) haze of (about 40 % Vol.) whiskey vapors and with a pair of eyes doped up on (an abundance of) acid (among other things). It's really just a mellow, whimsical and easy going point of view. I love it.
- I think the highest and the lowest points are the most important ones. Anything else is just in between.
- Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
- There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal.
- I wouldn't mind dying in a plane crash. It'd be a good way to go. I don't want to die in my sleep or of old age or OD. I want to feel what it's like. I want to taste it, hear it, smell it. Death is only going to happen to you once, I don't want to miss it.
- Being drunk is a good disguise. I drink so I can talk to assholes. This includes me.
- Some of the worst mistakes in my life have been haircuts.
- Where's your will to be weird?
- I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with a soul of a clown, which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
- The future is uncertain but the end is always near.
- I like people, who shake other people up and make them feel uncomfortable.
- Actually, I don't remember being born, it must have happened during one of my blackouts.
- People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend.
- A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.
- There are things known and things unknown and in between there are doors.
- I believe in a long, prolonged derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown.
- The most loving parents and relatives commit murder with smiles on their faces. They force us to destroy the person we really are: a subtle kind of murder.
- Violence isn't always evil. What's evil is the infatuation with violence.
- This is the strangest life I've ever known.
- No one gets out alive.
- I'm the lizard king, I can do anything.
- As the body is ravaged, the spirit grows stronger.
Now, I don't think I'm his reincarnation anymore but I do have a slight hunch (more something along the lines of wishful thinking) that I'm a reincarnation of Cleopatra. Yes, Cleopatra. What?? The reality is that I was probably one of the dudes who were carrying her bed around or fanning her while she was giving Julius Caesar the royal treatment if anything but a girl can dream right...
Jeggings: Tally Weijl
Sweater: don't know, too old, it used to be my brother's
Hat: Monster (thanks, Planet Octane ;))
Necklaces: the Celtic cross was a gift, the razor and dog tags are from eBay
Don't forget to follow via Twitter and/or share. And if you haven't seen The Doors movie, please do. Posting day are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays so hopefully you'll be back this Friday to see what's up.