Today, I'm going to keep it short and sweet - it's Friday after all. So here's a list of reasons why I like Fridays.
- Friday means Saturday and Sunday are just around the corner.
- Both my boyfriend and my best friend have been born on Friday (and I'm sure they don't even know that).
- Friday is Wednesday Addam's middle name.
- Friday comes from an Old English word frigetag, which means Freya's day. Freya was a Germanic pagan goddess of love and fertility and was the wife of Odin. She had the ability to foretell the future but she never revealed what she knew (like a true woman).
- In Islam, Friday is a day to rest and is considered a happy day (coincidentally in Christianity that's the day Jesus was crucified and isn't the happiest of days).
- This song.
- Robinson Crusoe made a friend and named him Friday when he was shipwrecked (like an old-school version of Wilson from Cast Away with Tom Hanks but not really).
- Friday starts with an 'f' and some of my favorite words start with that letter too.
- It's (more) socially acceptable to drink (and even get drunk) on a Friday evening so I blend in nicely.
- The Black Friday cocktail.
Now tell me Fridays aren't great!
Jeans: Tally Weijl
There are new posts coming up every Monday, Wednesday and Friday so don't be shy and stop by next Monday!