I've never gotten women's crazed obsession with George Clooney. Yes, he is a great actor, yes, he is good looking, yes, he does get better with age, yes, he does have charm, but that holds water for almost any other man in Hollywood. That's their job - to look resplendent and never seem to get old and/or ugly. And smile while they're at it. But there are things about him I find exciting, but those probably aren't characteristics making other women swoon over him.
He's an eternal bachelor, hasn't been married, doesn't want to get married and won't get married. I think it's pretty amusing (and stupid) how the mind of the general public works considering him gay because of the fact he's unwed. Surprisingly, the lack of a circular piece of precious metal on one's ring finger does not a gay make.
Not only he's not into marriage, he's not into children either. Nicole Kidman and Michelle Pfeiffer bet him 10,000 dollars he'd have children by the time he'd be 40 and they sent him a check shortly after his 40th birthday, but supposedly he sent it back wanting to double the bet by the time he'd be 50. He was 52 this month and still no kiddos despite the fact he's been dating all these gorgeous, young, very fertile women. Which is another reason I admire him and aspire to be like him.
Whether you hate him, don't care about him, like him, love him, masturbate to him, please, enjoy a few of his quotes:
- I'm kind of comfortable with getting older because it's better than the other option, which is being dead. So I'll take getting older.
- Run for office? No. I've slept with too many women, I've done too many drugs and I've been to too many parties.
- It's incredibly unfair. You don't see a lot of 60-year-old women with 20-year-old men on screen.
- Directing is really exciting. In the end, it's more fun to be the painter than the paint.
- You never really learn much from hearing yourself talk.
- I don't like to share my personal life. It wouldn't be personal if I shared it.
- I don't believe in happy endings, but I do believe in happy travels because ultimately you die at a very young age or you live long enough to watch your friends die. It's a mean thing, life.
- There's a strange pecking order among actors. Theater actors look down on film actors, who look down on TV actors. Thank God for reality shows or we wouldn't have anybody to look down on.
- After doing One Fine Day and playing a pediatrician on ER I'll never have kids. I'm going to have a vasectomy.
- I'm not smart enough and I don't know enough about what's going on.
- I'm certainly the last person to give advice on, well, anything.
- Things hurt me now. My knees hurt, my back hurts, but my head still thinks it's 23.
- The only failure is not to try.
In my opinion, Clooney is not just a smart looking chap but a smart sounding one too. And how could you not like a cast member of The Men Who Stare at Goats - that movie's just too frigging cool. He's a true Jedi warrior, no doubt.
Blazer: Anne Christine
Jeans: Tally Weijl
Shirt: don't know (too old)
Feel free to follow FPS via Twitter and/or come back on Wednesday to see what's new. Posting days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.