It's time for another TIDG post - the list of things I don't get. When I say I don't get something, it doesn't mean that I'm judging (ok, maybe a little judgment is being passed with the last TIDG post's number 9), it only means that my brain doesn't resonate in a way to accept a certain fact or event as its. Some people don't get why other people pierce and tattoo themselves, that concept is foreign to them - (there can be) no judgment attached. And some particular stuff isn't being got by me and is alien to me - no judgment attached. Simple.
- Pistachio ice cream. Pistachios are salty. I know nuts by themselves aren't salty, but so aren't beans or meat but they still don't make ice cream out of that. What's next? Bacon ice cream? Or dry, salty strawberries?
- People not using their turn signals. That's the only way of communicating with other drivers on the road and even that's not much (several hand gestures aren't included since those aren't productive). And people say: "There's nobody behind me, I'm going to signal when I turn when there are other people behind me." No, you won't. Either you do it all the time or you don't do it at all. And it's bugging me out - use the frigging signal!
- My seamstress. I love her, she's a cool lady, she's done some pretty weird looking, hoochie party-wear for me without ever raising an eyebrow and in retrospect, I commend her for that, BUT... The other day, I brought her some stuff and she looked at it and said: "This fabric is too thick, I wouldn't be able to use my machine, I'd have to sew it by hand," and pushes it away. And that was it. She wouldn't sew that because she'd have to do it by hand. But she's a SEAM-stress, making seams is her job. I don't care if she uses a machine, her bare hands or black magic - just sew the damn thing. No. "I'd have to do it by hand."
- Why so many people decide to wear Uggs. Even the people that created the brand know and admit they're Ugg-ly. I think they created those just to see how many people would actually pay to parade in them in public - and they don't come cheap. I have proof that those shouldn't be worn outside: In Sex and the City (a show styled by Patricia Field, a multiple award winning stylist) they appear once and only once. Samantha wears them in the 19th episode of the 6th season while she's at home in her pajamas smoking weed. Got the message? Away from public eye and stoned - that's when you should wear Uggs.
- Pregnant women saying they're eating for two. No, you're not. That's a myth. When you're the most pregnant, you only need to intake 300 calories more than usual. That's a plate of pasta. Without sauce. Even if you were eating for two, that other person is as big as your head, you're not eating for two sumo wrestlers.
- Women wearing halter, racer back, backless, one shoulder, etc. tops or dresses and showing their bra straps. What's the point of putting on an open back dress if you have your bra on display in the middle of your back? We have the technology to send people into space, I think there's technology to accommodate your boobs in a halter top available as well.
- Kim Kardashian. But not just in general, because in general I like her - I have a specific event in mind, which I don't get. If you watch Kourtney and Kim take Miami, then you know that one day Scott decided to go shoot himself an alligator to make loafers out of its skin. When he got home, Kim was outraged saying how could he kill the poor animal. Well... You wear fur, honey. Those chinchillas who's fur you're wearing aren't just cold because they're without their fur, they're out cold, because somebody else killed them for you. And for reprimanding Scott you're being a hypocrite.
- Why don't more people stand up to Joan Rivers like Adam Hill, who publicly attacked her. Did she Mr. Miyagied or B-Rabbited everyone (if you haven't watched 8th Mile, than you couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about and I'm sorry)? She's a smart, successful and hilarious woman, but she does kind of look like the long lost sister of the bride of Wildenstein, which makes her an easy target.
- Women saying that they only shop at Zara and hate brands like Bershka, Pull and Bear, etc. The truth is it's the same brand. Zara, Massimo Dutti, Pull and Bear, Stradivarius and Bershka are all one brand (Inditex Group). Besides, even though you pay more for your clothes, you still got them at a "fast food" clothing store, you just paid more. Clever, huh?
- Why they sell jewelry tree stands when you can make one yourself from an actual tree branch. For free. Are we so disconnected from nature, so lazy or so unresourceful? I get why they sell cars, I'm not going to make that myself. Or sunglasses. But artificial miniature trees so you can hang your jewelry?
That's it for today. I like these posts, they're a great way of catharsis. Before I started this blog, a friend of mine said I should blog so I'll be able to vent. And she was right. Venting is my new best friend since holding stuff inside can be detrimental to your health: You can get ulcers, gallstones, eye infections, migraines and all kinds of unpleasantries, which negativity manifests itself as, and we wouldn't want that to happen now, would we? Can I get a Mexican wave for venting?!
Hat: Newyorker (men)
Don't forget to follow FPS via Twitter and/or share this so more people would stop wearing Uggs and start using turn signals - it would make for a more human-friendly environment. There are new posts coming up every Monday, Wednesday and Friday so see you back this Friday!