As I predicted in the first Things I Don't Get post, this really is a fruitful series because things I can't seem to understand keep piling up and now we have the fourth edition after the second and third one. Maybe this means I'm slow, who knows (maybe the fact that I don't know what this means means I'm slow, who knows), but let's get on with this post's mindbogglers. I don't get...
- Why some people take dogs with them when they go to bars. Dogs, unlike people, aren't bar animals.
- The awesomeness of Taylor Swift's music. The awesomeness is what bewilders me.
- How people think dance music and hip hop go together. This is horrible, this is horrible (so horrible I want to cut my ears off and feed them to the first stray cat I see just to be sure I never hear this track again) and this is horrible (ok, not horrible, but surely you agree this version is better). There isn't a single clubber or hip-hopper, who thinks this sounds good. Maybe people who listen to Taylor Swift do, who knows.
- Why there are two different prices for a haircut at the hairdresser's: one for a woman's haircut and one for a man's haircut. I've got plenty of (very) short haircuts and have always paid for a woman's haircut and I've seen guys with long hair pay for a man's haircut so it's got nothing to do with hair. What does stuff you have or don't have attached to your crotch have to do with the price you have to pay to get your hair (growing on your head) cut?
- Bloggers posting Instaposts (posts comprised of pictures they've just recently posted on Instagram). You already posted those pics on the internet, didn't you?
- Bloggers posting monthly recap posts. People can easily scroll through your blog and see what you've posted in the last 30 days. Yearly recap maybe, but every month? To me it seems like white noise.
- Why there are so many English expressions for a woman's Fallopian tube. There's "Fallopian tube", "oviduct", "uterine tube" and "salpinx" (Italian and German also have more than one term). In Slovene, we only have one: jajcevod, which is pretty self-explanatory and could easily be translated into English as "eggoway" ("e" or "o" is an infix, Slovene loves those). Now that would be easier to understand, I think (if you don't mistake it for a chicken anus or rectum).
- Why people are going crazy over Swedish House Mafia NOW. The stuff they play at gigs these days (not produce) is shit. You should've heard Axwell back in the day when he was playing at a club not much bigger than my apartment for less than 300 people, that was music. They're really talented and Steve Angello looks hot too so they could've been Beyonce of dance music, but they're more like Britney Spears - wasted, a mess and lip-syncing.
- Paying (lots of) money for an ice sculpture - those things melt.
- Why (mostly male) drivers (almost always) park their cars in reverse. Either way you look at it, you have to go in reverse once, but if you do it sooner rather than later you have to squeeze your car into a narrower space, which is in my opinion just plain dumb.
You're welcome to follow FPS via Twitter and/or come back again this Wednesday to see what's new. Posting days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays so hopefully this isn't your last time here.