I've already posted an Albert Einstein quote here, but while reading the book mentioned in that post, I found a bunch of other quotes by the mischievous scientist so I said to myself: "What the heck, he deserves an entire post to himself." Besides, if you watched the movie I.Q., you can't deny that you have a soft spot for him, I know I do. Or at least I did...
Why past tense you ask? After I found out that he supposedly stole the concept for the theory of relativity (and some others as well) from his first wife, a Serbian called Mileva Marić, I kind of hold a grudge against him. Of course one of the greatest minds of our time got his brilliant ideas from a woman. And of course she got the short end of the stick. Fuck him. I don't want to seem feminist, I love men, at least parts of them, I mean some of them, but I hate it when credit isn't given where credit is due. That however does not change the fact that he worded some clever musings, which I'd like to share with you today.
- Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
- The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
- I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
- Creativity is intelligence having fun.
- We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
- Imagination is more important than knowledge.
- Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
- The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
- Information is not knowledge.
- The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
- The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing.
- Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count, everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.
|Blazer - eBay, leggings - eBay, top - DIY, boots - eBay, rings - H&M, sunglasses - C&A|
Don't forget to follow FPS via Twitter and/or Bloglovin and please do come back again at the end of the week. Posting days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, so hopefully this isn't your last time here!