It's been a long time since the last TIDG post, but here we go with a fresh set of things that just make no sense to me, even though I try hard to make sense of them, because I always try to make sense of everything.
- Why are movie theaters always so cold?
- Why are people smoking in cars with windows closed?
- How come there's so much food in the world and so many nations are getting fatter and fatter, but there are still people dying of hunger?
- Why are people (almost exclusively those working in fashion) saying jean, scissor, legging instead of jeans, scissors, leggings - don't they know they sound stupid?
- This is only a European thing (or at least a Slovenian thing), in the States I had other problems with public restrooms, but here we go: Why are the toilets for disabled always together with those for ladies? Not that I mind, but it seems illogical, the lines are already long in our restrooms as it is. Are they trying to say that women are more patient and considerate or are they trying to send some other message?
- Why is my mailman shoving junk mail in my mailbox when there's nobody home for days, so the mailbox gets full and he has to leave a note saying that a letter is waiting for me at the post office because there wasn't enough room for it, but all the advertisements are neatly shoved inside the frigging box?
- How come women have been slaving behind stoves, ceramic cooktops and fireplaces for centuries, but now the most famous cooks, who have their own shows and are teaching women at home how to cook, are men? How the fuck that happened?
- How come so many Chinese restaurants are using disposable chopsticks instead of coming up with something washable? Isn't this bamboo genocide morally dubious?
- How the fuck does Snooki from Jersey Shore have more Twitter followers than Richie Hawtin?
- How come my boyfriend knows how to format his computer, install and use 7 billion apps on his stupid smart phone, remove 13 Trojan horses from my laptop, use 4 different machines simultaneously when he's dj-ing, but every morning his alarm clock has to ring 12 frigging times before he finally manages to silence the damn thing, because he "doesn't know how to shut it off"?
|Top - H&M, skirt - NewYorker, heels - eBay|
Don't forget to follow FPS via Twitter or Bloglovin and please do come back again at the end of the week - there are new posts coming every Monday, Wednesday and Friday so till next time!