Although I am self-EMPLOYED, there are times when my status inches dangerously close to being UNemployed and this past month has been one of those times. I'm currently weathering through a dry spell and I have plenty of free time with which I sometimes don't know what to do exactly. Of course there's the mandatory initial wallowing period when Miss Self Pity keeps me company but sooner or later I kick the bitch out and get on to more productive things. Since I figure there's a bunch of people who can relate, I've decided to post a list of things with which one can keep her/himself occupied while being out of a job, because being without a job, doesn't necessarily mean you have to be without work - there's always (fun) stuff to do.
- Calculate how much money you'd make in the time you haven't had a job if you in fact had one.
- Pick up a new hobby, such as drinking. To make things more interesting, invent a drinking game of your own. For example: Drink a glass of wine every time you hear the term recession, inflation, economic crisis, financial crisis or the.
- Start stalking your previous employer.
- Learn a new skill, for example how to fart silently.
- Another hobby you can pick up is black magic - start making voodoo dolls and stick the shit out of people who have rejected your application(sss).
- Conduct a little research - see how many days you can go without showering before somebody says something.
- Forget learning how to burp the alphabet - master the skill of burp dirty talk and impress your partner next time you (decide to take a shower and) engage in a sexual encounter.
- Learn a new language, for example Klingon, Elvish or Izzle.
- Color-coordinate your closet. In the dark.
- Alphabetize your book collection from Z to A by the first name of the character that appears second in the third quarter of the second chapter of each individual book. Seems like a lot of work? You have a lot of time, don't you?
Since I've already mastered silent farting years ago and I fo shizzle have no problemizzle with speakizzle Snoop's slangizzle, I've delved into other pastime activities and I'm sure you can guess which tip's my favorite. The second one, of course. But I play a different drinking game: When I watch Keeping up with the Kardashians (or anything else produced by Ryan Seacrest and Kris Jenner), I drink a glass of wine whenever someone says like. I like never remember like how the show like ends, you know? Like.
|Top - eBay, pants - eBay, belt - Bershka, heels - eBay, cuff - eBay, ring - eBay, earrings - H&M|
Please, feel free to follow FPS via Twitter and/or Bloglovin if you're in any way interested, intrigued, inspired, infatuated, invigorated, informed, in... Fested? I'm out of in-somethings, but I do have some en-somethings left in me which I'll save for next time. So come by again on Friday to see which those en-somethings are - posting days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays!