Today I'll keep it short and sweet. Ok, I don't know about the sweet part, it might be weird or interesting or just white-noise-ish, but I'll definitely try to keep it short. A long time ago I was nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award by two lovely ladies - Inna and Sanaya - and I haven't thanked them properly (meaning in a post) yet so I'm doing it now: Thank you, ladies! Along with the award, you're supposed to share 7 things about yourself but I want to keep things as readable as possible so I'll try to come up with 7 weird things. Or interesting ones I should say. Not that I'm saying that I'm not weird or that I don't want to admit I'm weird but it's hard for me to pinpoint the exact aspects of my weirdness because they all seem normal to me since I'm doing them. Does that make any sense? Anyhow, weird or interesting, I have to warn you - I'm not that interesting to begin with and besides, I've used a lot of the good ones in this post so this might be a major snoozefest, but here we go...
- I didn't learn how to swim till I was 6 (or maybe even 7). I've always loved water, but we spent all of our summers on a sailboat and there was no beach for me to just wade in the sea and get accustomed to the idea of swimming so I always swam around the boat with those inflatable donuts and sleeves and whatnot until one day my father - after drinking a beer or two - got fed up with it and threw me overboard into the sea. I screamed like crazy and everyone (except my mom) laughed, imbeciles.
- I can't spell. Even though I have a degree in English, I have trouble spelling. Carrier and career, planning and planing, coup and cup, it's all the same to me if I'm not fully focused. My first week at the university, we had to write an essay and I wrote down "a shit of paper" instead of "sheet". The professor pulled me aside and asked me if I did it on purpose, she thought I was sending her subliminal messages because I hate her or something. No, beach, I just can't spell!
- I don't drink Jägermeister. I LOVE alcohol, ANY alcohol, but not Jägermeister, that's the only thing I won't put in my mouth, drink-wise at least. I'd rather drink cologne than that, yuck.
- I was a vegetarian for 2 years. The problem is that I love the taste of meat and after 2 years I was so deprived, I couldn't take it anymore and now I eat meat once every 2 months or so. I actually don't think there's anything wrong with eating meat, that's how life is - it's a food chain. But I do think there's everything wrong with how we treat animals before we get meat from them. We've taken ourselves out of the food chain and created an industry, we don't even give those poor cows and pigs and chickens a chance. 75 % of people wouldn't be able to catch their own meat, so what right do they have to gorge on two Big Macs at McDonald's for an afternoon snack?
- Whenever I have to use the bathroom for a long period of time (a.k.a. when I have to do a number 2), I take my phone with me and scroll through Lookbook.nu. Once I came out of the toilet and my boyfriend was waiting for me by the door all worked up: "Why do you always take your phone with you when you have to take a shit?? Are you hiding something from me?!" Yes, my inability to not have my brain occupied for 3 minutes.
- I've had more jobs than anyone I know. One summer I harvested pears, one autumn I harvested grapes, I've been a bartender, a mailman, a promoter handing out flyers on the street, I worked at a radio station as a host, at a TV station in montage and as a TV director, I was a dishwasher and a chef's assistant in a restaurant, I've worked as a translator, a copywriter, a proofreader and I'm sure I've left out some of the jobs because I just don't remember all of them anymore. And guess what? All that work and I'm still broke.
- I like the taste of blood. Whenever I have a nosebleed, I lean my head back and taste and swallow my blood for a few moments before I try and stop it. Once when I was still in high school, my classmate cut his arm and I wiped his blood with my thumb and licked it. He kind of freaked out.
You're welcome to follow FPS via Twitter, Bloglovin or Google+! And please do come by again next week too see what's new on th blog. Posting days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays!