Although this is a Things I Don't Get post, it's sort of a confessions one too, because I have a confession to make. Two to be exact. If you've read my last post on monogamy and found some of the things I've written hard to swallow, I have to confess something: There's a paragraph missing. So if you're interested in my full view on monogamy, check the previous post here, scroll down to the comment section and find my reply to Sonia De Macedo (Hi, Sonia!) and - read it. So this is confession number one, which has nothing to do with the TIDG series, but confession number two has...
In the today's TIDG post, I wanted to include Oprah, because I just didn't get her and all the hype surrounding her, somehow her approach just didn't do it for me and I was pretty sure I'd get lynched for not getting OPRAH. But, as you can see, that's all in past tense, because I've watched her Master Class and listening to her speak about her life was pretty eye-opening. Now, I fully get Oprah and I couldn't agree with her more about the things she said about vibrations and energy and whatnot. So the queen of talk shows didn't make the cut, but who did? Here's the today's list of things I don't get.
- Why do people when they call and you don't answer ring till the very last ring? It's common decency to wait 6 rings, 4 according to business etiquette, anything more than that's just redundant. What's with the emergency? Is your house on fire? Are you lost in a jungle somewhere? Are you getting chased by a rhino? Why the fuck are you waiting for the phone to ring 12 times, WHY?? "Oh, hi, there you are! I just wanted to say hello and see how you are. So, how are you?" Really? Really, bitch?
- Why don't women with long hair put their hair up and secure their shit while they go swimming in a public swimming pool, so they don't leave their hair everywhere? Whenever I go swimming I always have to wrestle my way from one end of the pool to the other like I'm getting attacked by Kraken from Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Why do they make pajamas with pockets? What would a person need so badly during sleep that there's a need for pajama pockets? I don't mind getting poked during the night but not by anything bulging in my damn pajama pocket.
- Where are MALE sex tape leaks?? Don't Bradley Coopers and Justin Timberlakes tape themselves having sex? I'm waiting for Justin Bieber to step up to the plate...
- Nipple pasties. What's their purpose? You can still see the boob, so what if I can't see your actual nipple, you're still naked, why even bother applying and wearing those? Check this link here - if you click through the gallery (and who doesn't like looking at a parade of boobs), you'll see what I mean. Naked.
- How come Gwen Stefani doesn't age?? She looks exactly the same as she did when she started her career with No Doubt 20+ years ago.
- How come there's a cartoon about a boy being extremely naughty and wicked - aren't the kids horrible enough on their own, they have to learn how to be even more obnoxious? I'm talking about Horrid Henry (Grozni Gašper in Slovene) and my nephew adores that cartoon, but his parents don't. Naturally.
- Ok, it's December today, but it wasn't till yesterday so why the fuck do some of my neighbors have their Christmas lights up for over 2 weeks already? What's next - setting up your Christmas tree and doing your Christmas shopping in July?!
- How come the Good Morning Slovenia show on our national TV ends at 2:30 p.m.? How does half past 2 in the afternoon still qualifies as 'morning'?
- Why doesn't all of my hair on my head grow to the same length? Those baby hair in the front NEVER grow past the length you see below. Why the fuck not? My boyfriend loves to lick his index finger and thumb and roll my hair with them into two 'antennas' as he calls them and then he goes: "Hey... How's the reception over there? Are you getting any bars because my phone's dead." Ha, ha, very funny. But better this hair then no hair, right?
Don't forget to follow FPS via any channel you like (links are at the top to the left, to the left) and do come back later during the week. Posting days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, so see you then!