I'm pretty sure you all know who Simon Cowell is. In case you don't, he's a talent scout, TV producer, entrepreneur, TV personality and according to TV Guide the 10th most nastiest villain of all times - among other things. I guess you could perceive him as a villain judging by his comments on The Idol and X-Factor, but hey, that's television - and a damn good one. Even Oprah likes him and describes his evil supper power as 'transforming honesty into an art-form'. Yes, he is brutally honest and yes, his attitude is pure magic when it comes to making reality shows, but that's not the (only) reason I like him, there are also two others.
The first one is the fact that he lost all of his fortune and had to sell his Porsche, penthouse apartment and all of his designer clothes and move in with his parents when he was 30. He stayed there for about 2 years so he could work his way up again and repay his debt. It might seem mean that I like this fact about him, but I don't like it because he fell, but because he has risen to even greater heights than before and no one can say that this amount of tenacity and perseverance isn't inspiring.
I came across the other reason due to which I have a soft spot for Mr. Cowell when I was watching his interview with Oprah. In it Oprah asked him if he'd ever have kids and Simon replied: "If they could be born at the age of 5." Now tell me that is not an answer of a sensible man? I'm sure he'll find out just how sensible that would be very soon, since he's expecting his first son in February. But enough of this baby BS, here's a list of other Simon Cowell quotes:
- I like people to have an opinion - black, white, whatever. I can't bare anything in between, I can't stand grey.
- I never had a clue as to what I was gonna do other than I promised myself that whatever I did do I was gonna have fun.
- I had to teach myself. I didn't learn anything from school.
- My father taught me the basics which are you gotta work hard and you gotta be patient.
- Enjoy the process of getting there because I promise you it's a lot more fun than being there.
- Talk 10 % of the time, listen 90 % of the time, probably the best advice.
- I don't guess, I'm confident about what I do.
- Every single negative can lead to a positive, any negative situation. Don't get to down by it, work it out.
- The minute Lady Gaga arrived, she created a new set of rules: Being different is good. Embrace it.
- I was never given any hand-outs. I started at the bottom and was very good at finding people who knew more than me and learning from them.
- I hated school, but I love work.
- When someone asks: "Does success make you into a monster?" I always say: "No, it enables you to be a monster.
- You know what the secret of weight loss is? Don't eat much.
- Rules equal boredom and I don't like that.
- If I went to a psychiatrist, it would be a long session.
- What other people think of me is none of my business.
- I'm tempted to ask if you sang that the night before your wife left you.
- That song was like going to a zoo or something. I mean the noises were beyond anything I have ever ever heard.
- I don't know what cats being squashed sound like in Lithuania, but I now have a pretty good idea.
- If you had lived 2,000 years ago and sung like that, I think they would have stoned you.
- Do you have a singing teacher? Get a lawyer and sue her.
- You have a personality of a handle.
|Knit - NewYorker, shirt - H & M, skirt - H & M, jacket - NewYorker, boots - eBay, necklace - C & A|
Don't forget to follow FPS via Twitter, Bloglovin and/or Google+ to get the latest updates. And do come by again sometimes to see what's new on the blog - posting days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays!