If you're a fan of the legendary sitcom How I Met Your Mother, you already know what a doppelganger is. But they didn't come up with the concept on the show, the word itself was actually first used in 1796 and it means an unusually same looking person - a double. The notion of a doppelganger is even older than that though since in Ancient Egypt they believed in 'spirit doubles' who had the same memories and feelings as the person they resembled. But enough with the boring stuff, on to the fun part, right?
Each year there's a week called a doppelganger week where you change your avatar picture on whatever social media you want with a picture of a celebrity you most resemble, but DogVacay came up with the idea of finding a dog breed that most resembles you and that sparked my interest because I happen to love dogs and I have a spare one, so I thought it'd be cool to partake. So I shall.
I checked their link on what your dog's bread says about you and I immediately scrolled down to the terrier section since I have a West Highland White(ish) Terrier and I must say that some of those lines were spot on. But the more I kept thinking about the similarities I and my dog share, the more I realized that he in fact is me in my canine form, my doppelganger, my spirit double. Here's why:
- We're both generally skeptical about/unsure of/annoyed by/suspicious of children and old people.
- We both like to fart.
- We both like to eat junk food. I love a good hamburger and he loves eating actual junk he finds outside, thinking that it's food.
- We both can rock any haircut, short or long, but for both the following is true: the shorter the better.
- We both prefer dogs to cats.
- We both are tattooed.
- We both like to drink. A lot. He can go through a bowl of water faster than I can uncork my bottle of wine.
- We share the same style. And this was, aside from today's pictures, documented on several occasions - 1, 2 and 3.
- We both prefer getting massages and belly rubs to giving them. Hence we often don't return the favor. And shamelessly so.
- I'm his favorite and he's my favorite which, since we're each other's doppelganger, makes us a couple of narcissistic bitches. But again - shamelessly so.
They might have proved that the chicken came before the egg, but I'm not sure what came first when it comes to me and my dog - my personality or his? To further corroborate my claim, I found a handy questionnaire online, which we both filled out and below are our answers for you to compare. Talk about a spirit double.
Don't forget to follow FPS via Twitter, Bloglovin and/or Google+ to get the latest updates and other randomness. But most importantly, please, do come by again next week to see what's new on the blog - posting days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.