A while ago I've read an article on Nora Ephron. If you don't know who she is, movies like When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle might help you - she wrote screenplays for those and for a bunch of other award winning stuff. Aside from screenwriter, the list of nouns that could be ascribed to her is long. I mean really long. Nora Ephron was a filmmaker, director, producer, novelist, playwright, journalist, author, blogger, editor, wife, mother, divorcee and cancer patient. A woman. In short, she was a creative genius, a strong, witty, intelligent human being who tasted her fair share of life to put it mildly. But I won't go too much into her biography because today I needed a little pick me up so it was a much needed solace and pleasure looking up her quotes. And here they are.
- Beware of men who cry. It's true that men who cry are sensitive to and in touch with feelings, but the only feelings they tend to be sensitive to and in touch with are their own.
- The desire to get married is follower almost immediately by an equally basic and primal urge - which is to be single again.
- If pregnancy were a book they would cut the last two chapters.
- Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there.
- Never marry a man you wouldn't want to be divorced from.
- Freedom of the press belongs to the man who owns one.
- Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.
- When your children are teenagers, it's important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you.
- The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino.
- The hardest thing about writing is writing.
- Everybody dies. There's nothing you can do about it. Whether or not you eat six almonds a day. Whether or not you believe in God.
Don't forget to share and follow FPS via Twitter, Bloglovin and/or Google+ to get the latest updates. But most importantly, do come by again sometimes - posting days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, so hopefully see you then!